The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for executing the Company’s sales goals in Northern Nevada and Northern California. The Regional Sales Manager will work closely with/or manage the Brand Ambassador team, and distributor partners; calling on key accounts and analyzing distributor sales, pricing and inventory reports.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Sales Management, Planning & Analysis:
- Achieve annual depletion and shipment, profit, and performance goals in area of responsibility.
- Provide management team with accurate and timely information necessary to improve business, including, but not limited to, advising senior management of competitive pricing, promotions, sales trends, and other competitive activity, as well as, reasonable action plans.
- Provide management team with required reports such as accomplishment reports, regional account updates, and work-with schedules.
- Participate in regularly scheduled sales calls to highlight successes, discuss challenges, and understand company-wide strategies.
- Prepare and review depletion reports, update management team with negative and positive variances along with identification of opportunities, and challenges with account distribution.
- Develop the sales of the Company’s spirit portfolio by working with Brand/Sales Ambassador, distributors, and key accounts in the specified territory.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of all State and Federal laws, regulations, and policies that govern the market, and keep management informed of all information pertaining to changes.
- Participate in annual brand planning process with marketing team.
- Responsible for trade budget management.
- Analyze and plan distributor(s) business monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Coach, train and motivate distributor personnel to achieve monthly and annual sales, distribution, and revenue objectives through scheduled and unscheduled meetings, work-with, trade surveys, monthly reports, and creation and implementation of incentive programs.
- Develop results driven wholesaler and retail programming for distribution, pricing, shelf management, display execution, and promotions/sampling.
- Review shipments regularly with distributor to ensure sales targets are achieved.
- Manage distributor inventory levels in conjunction with distributor to avoid any out of stock issues.
- Manage allocations by sku, by market and manage target account goals.
- Conduct business reviews to benchmark progress against programming goals. Develop and propose adjustments, as needed, to meet plan or take advantage of opportunities.
- Negotiate and manage pricing strategies to ensure profit maximization while maintaining proper brand and competitor index relation.
- Responsible for working with and educating distributor partners of all levels on the Company’s brands.
- Plan and execute kick-off meetings for new innovation and programming initiatives throughout the year.
- Plan and manage investment to ensure A&P, DPP, FTT is allocated and managed in accordance to brand strategy and contracted rates.
- Audit distributor bill-backs and take corrective action when needed.
In Market Execution:
- Secure and expand distribution in trade channels by actively pursuing relationships and opportunities in the assigned region and making visits and/or calls both independently and with distributor sales personnel.
- Develop relationships with key accounts/key decision makers in region to enable execution of target account goals and from a programming perspective including presenting the portfolio for shelf distribution, display opportunities or product list placement.
- Set-up regular market visits/work with for other sales/marketing/Company representatives to evaluate product placement and representation in target accounts and to update on competitive activity.
- Perform retail program analysis, tracking execution on all sales programs to determine market effectiveness and return on investment.
- Participate in trade and consumer tasting events to include nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must possess deep knowledge of and have a strong passion for the spirits industry. Craft Cocktail experience a plus.
- Goal oriented with a proven track record of achieving sales goals, distribution objectives, increasing case volumes, developing relationships, creating programs, launching new products, growing new and existing business and managing business profitability.
- Build and leverage relationships with internal and external partners to achieve measurable business results.
- Exceptional Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with all levels of employees.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by the business.
Special Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Valid Driver’s License with ability to meet company’s insurance requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience working in the beverage alcohol sales and distributor management, working for a supplier or distributor; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
What you'll love about working here:
- You'll be a key player in one of the first distilleries in the State of Nevada.
- We're a paperless office, so you get your own iPhone and iPad.
- You'll work on a top of the line computer.
- We promote coaching, teaching and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
- Bently Enterprises offers a compensation package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, gym membership, 401(k) and competitive salary.
To learn more about the Bently family of companies, please visit the Bently Enterprises website.