The Minden Flour Milling Company building, a National Registered Historic Place, will be converted into a craft distillery named Bently Heritage. The new distillery will be one of the first operating in the state of Nevada since Assembly Bill 153 was passed earlier this year, allowing local distilleries to operate. This puts Bently Heritage in notable company with fellow Silver State artisans as well as landing Minden at the forefront of a burgeoning new industry. Bently Heritage will live up to its name by reintroducing the best traditions of the Old West, while embracing New West values such as sustainability and premium quality.
The Feed Mill Operator/Maintenance is responsible for directing and overseeing the daily operations of the entire grist (grain handling) manufacturing process and for the safe, efficient, and accurate production of high quality grist for the Distillery. This position will work at the Bently Ranch site in Minden, NV.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pumps, pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Collect and analyze samples for in-process quality control
- Ensure that the mills are running at their optimum production rate
- Assist in the management of the mills and
- Adjust separators as required for quality control or operating efficiency
- Monitor and maintain a consistent mill charge
- Manufacture products and oversee storage, trans loading and packaging activities according to required specifications and in accordance with HACCP
- Monitor and assess the operating condition of the equipment and report or correct any current or pending problems
- Ensure that the mill and surrounding area is kept open and orderly
- Conduct and record inventory reviews of operating supplies
- Accurately measure and record silo levels
- Processing the grain through the grain process
- Support and adhere to the job requirements for the departments and the company about quality, food safety, environmental, health and safety
- Filling and emptying barrels
- Required to operate, but not limited to, auto malter, kilns, roasters, and grain milling equipment on a daily basis; filter equipment and carbonate machines, as well as perform regular repairs on machinery
- Perform all job functions within the structure described in the Employee Handbook of policies and procedures at Bently Heritage, LLC and Bently Family, LLC
- Report any deviations from standard practice, procedure, and/or maintenance issues to Supervisor, and when necessary to higher management
- Report to work as scheduled and on time
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervision or management, that may be required to ensure the continued success of the company
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- College or Vocational school degree in related field is preferred
- 3 years experience in grain mill operation or equivalent industry
What you'll love about working here:
- We're a paperless office, so you get your own iPhone and/or iPad.
- You'll work on a top of the line computer.
- We promote coaching, teaching and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending account, gym membership, employer-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, pet insurance, and a 401(k) retirement program.
To learn more about Bently Enterprises LLC please visit us at www.bentlyenterprises.com. To learn more about the Bently Heritage, Estate Distillery, please visit: www.bentlyheritage.com.