Bently Ranch is one of three family-owned companies under the Bently Enterprises umbrella with a focus on green initiatives. Bently Ranch’s 50,000 acres of ranch and farmland are a beautiful part of the Northern Nevada and California’s landscape. The Bently family of employees strives to care for the land entrusted to them, and its resources.
We are looking for a Mechanic Technician to join our existing Operations team. The Mechanic Technician is responsible for Intermediate mechanical repairs with supervision from the Fleet Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance of all vehicles and equipment; maximize the effectiveness of equipment.
- Operate a variety of maintenance tools and equipment including power and hand tools, drills, grinders, compressor, mowers, gauges, meters and impact tools; operate heavy grounds equipment as needed including a gang mower, dump truck and skip loader.
- Assist to rebuild, replace, or repair major vehicle components, assemblies, and systems including engines, transmissions, suspensions, etc.
- Perform electrical work on all automotive and related equipment such as servicing, installing batteries and terminals, repairing and adjusting lights, repairing generators and starters.
- Uses diagnostic equipment as an aid in locating vehicle defects.
- Troubleshoot and repair or replace digital electronic components and computers.
- Perform emission control repair, replacement, and testing on all required vehicles.
- Overhaul, repair, and maintain heavy equipment as required, which may include tractors, crawlers, and the like.
- Operate shop machines, such as milling and metal lathes, to rebuild or fabricate machine parts.
- Check and repair electrical and cooling systems, and install heaters and similar accessories.
- Do welding and perform minor bodywork.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Maintain accurate, routine records related to equipment maintenance and repair activities.
- Plan and assist in repair of snow removal equipment, mowers and tractors.
- Use company-provided systems to enter, track, and document work; run reports as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bently Ranch is an equal opportunity employer maintaining a drug-free workplace. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees, and paid time off for full and part-time employees.
To learn more about Bently Enterprises please visit: www.bentlyranch.com