Are you willing to relocate? Do you love working in the brewing industry? The Minden Flour Milling Company building, a National Registered Historic Place, will be converted into a craft distillery named Bently Heritage. The new distillery will be one of the first operating in the state of Nevada since Assembly Bill 153 was passed earlier this year, allowing local distilleries to operate. This puts Bently Heritage in notable company with fellow Silver State artisans as well as landing Minden at the forefront of a burgeoning new industry. Bently Heritage will live up to its name by reintroducing the best traditions of the Old West, while embracing New West values such as sustainability and premium quality.
The Malter is responsible for various tasks within the malting and granary department, that include, but not limited to all aspects as follows: raw materials handling, process of malting and milling of grains, producing grist, wort production, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, fulfilling orders and handling general sanitation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitor grain in all stages of the malting process
- Responsible for all production and quality at the malting facility
- Ensure all raw materials are on hand and of standard quality to achieve weekly and/or monthly production schedule
- Record malt processes data in production book and/or computer
- Take samples for laboratory analysis, and quality control of products using own senses especially smell and taste
- Monitor temperatures and quality of samples, making any necessary production adjustments
- Monitor all analytical and process data and make changes in proactive manner to ensure product quality is upheld
- Research and develop new malt recipes and products
- Responsible for the production of grist
- Keep up to date with developments in technology and methods in the industry
- Ability to introduce and implement new technology, methods, and procedures as this industry evolves and grows
- Required to operate, but not limited to, auto malter, kilns, roasters, and grain milling equipment on a daily basis; filter equipment and carbonate machines, as well as perform regular repairs on machinery
- Supervise malt operator(s) and conduct performance evaluations when necessary
- Manage resources and staff to meet objectives
- Lead team to identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency in the malt plant
- Deliver malt, grist, and related products to clients
- Responsible for inputting finished product into inventory system and removing it from the inventory systems as orders are filled
- Perform necessary job functions within the granary
- Interact with suppliers, customers, vendors, department heads, etc. in a professional manner
- Responsible for executing safety initiatives and creating a safe working environment within department
- Perform all job functions within the structure described in the Employee Handbook of policies and procedures at Bently Heritage, LLC
- Report any deviations from standard practice, procedure, and/or maintenance issues to Supervisor, and when necessary to higher management
- Report to work as scheduled and on time.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervision or management, that may be required to ensure the continued success of the company
- The employee is required to occasionally lift and move full cases of product, which can weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Extend one’s arm(s) in any direction.
- Subject to substantial repetitive motions of the body or its parts.
- Exert up to more than 100 pounds of force rarely and up to 50 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- College or Vocational school degree in related field is preferred
- Two (2) years of malting or brewing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background in chemistry or lab processes is a plus
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to be insured under the Company’s insurance policy
- Strong mechanical background a plus.
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and follow directions.
- Precise and detail oriented.
- A team player and can effectively utilize the resources provided by the team/company.
- Must read and comprehend complex instructions, detailed correspondences and memos.
- Communicate information effectively in one-on-one, small, and large group situations to visitors, vendors, clients, tenants, and other employees of the company.
- Effectively carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions.
- Professionally handle problems involving non-concrete variables in non-standardized situations.
- Build and leverage relationships with internal and external partners to achieve measurable business results.
- Exceptional Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with all levels of employees.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong decision-making ability.
- Build and maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishments; to cooperate to resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive to others.
- Willingness to receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines, punctuality and attendance standards; work mandatory overtime, etc.
What you'll love about working here:
- We're a paperless office, so you get your own iPhone and/or iPad.
- You'll work on a top of the line computer.
- We promote coaching, teaching and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending account, gym membership, employer-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, pet insurance, and a 401(k) retirement program.
To learn more about Bently Enterprises LLC please visit us at www.bentlyenterprises.com. To learn more about the Bently Heritage, Estate Distillery, please visit: www.bentlyheritage.com.