Bently Enterprises LLC is comprised of several family-owned companies with a focus on green initiatives. We are privately held and encompass a wide range of industries, including property and private asset management, agriculture, spirits, and event management.
The System Administrator supports, maintains and evaluates computer networking, telecommunication and audio-visual systems. The System Administrator also installs, configures and maintains physical and virtual computer servers; maintains employee user accounts and performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware and software support, training and special projects.
- Develop, deploy and manage projects, including network related wiring plans, software and hardware purchases, system installation and hardware and software maintenance and support.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; provide training and support.
- Perform scheduled networks tasks, updating anti-virus definition, files, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet use support and specialized training.
- Maintain and manage hardware and software on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment and related equipment.
- Respond to user request for hardware and software assistance; provide training on software and hardware.
- Maintain routers, switches, and wiring.
- Perform troubleshooting, support and upgrades including rebuilds and hardware replacement.
- Research new technologies; provide suggestions for changes and improvements that reduce cost and/or increase productivity.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities.
- Develop and document system standards for computer and network devices.
- Assist with the management of upgrades to the company’s telephone systems.
- Interact with internal clients at all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provide answers in a timely manner.
- Assist with the implementation of network security measures.
- Prioritize and manage IT requests.
- Use company-provided systems to enter, track, and document work; run reports as required.
- Support management with administrative work and projects as required and/or directed; support other departments with administrative tasks and other projects as assigned.
- Communicate by telephone or in person with contractors, vendors and other service providers as may be requested by members of the senior or executive management team.
- Support the production of monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports, as needed.
- Perform routine office tasks as necessary for the operation and presentation of a professional office; assist with other tasks as assigned.
- Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously assess received calls/inquiries and direct and/or record and relay messages.
- Participate as required in safety and emergency response plan maintenance, development and training activities.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adhere to organizational policies, regulations and procedures.
- Keep supervisor well informed of activities, results of efforts, and problems/potential problems identified; recommend corrective action to supervisor.
- Respect confidentiality in discussing visitors, clients, tenants, staff and organizational matters.
- Report to work regularly and on time.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D) plus 5 years demonstrated professional experience performing network management and desktop support duties in a Mac and PC environment
- ACTC certificate a plus
- CCNA certificate a plus
- Self motivated, professional, and highly disciplined with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and actively manage a variety of IT requests
- Ability to work both independently and in a team; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Punctual and reliable with an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within Minden/ Lake Tahoe Areas during work days
What you'll love about working here:
- You can bring your dog to work.
- We're a paperless office, so you get your own iPhone and iPad.
- You'll work on a top of the line computer.
- We promote coaching, teaching and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
Bently Enterprises LLC is an equal opportunity employer operating a drug-free workplace.
To learn more about Bently Enterprises LLC, please visit our website.