The Minden Flour Milling Company building, a National Registered Historic Place, will be converted into a craft distillery named Bently Heritage. The new distillery will be one of the first operating in the state of Nevada since Assembly Bill 153 was passed earlier this year, allowing local distilleries to operate. This puts Bently Heritage in notable company with fellow Silver State artisans as well as landing Minden at the forefront of a burgeoning new industry. Bently Heritage will live up to its name by reintroducing the best traditions of the Old West, while embracing New West values such as sustainability and premium quality.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will ensure our product and service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance by developing and enforcing good automated manufacturing practice (GAMP) systems; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Daily operation of equipment which includes Refractometer, pH Meter, Densitometer, GCMS, Calibrated Thermometer, Scale and all other related equipment.
- Takes an active role in handling and preventing safety incidents
- Standardizes equipment prior to use, ensures reagents and other materials are available.
- Performs analysis on products to ensure compliance to customer and TTB agency guidelines
- Performs processing system (line checks) on a timely basis to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative testing of spirits and raw materials through production process.
- Ensures that all-pertinent analytical results into the data collections system on a timely basis, immediately informs supervision of any deviations.
- Manages sensory evaluation and testing program for all products, and trains staff for participation.
- Performs quality testing of finished product.
- Draws and stores retention samples.
- Ensures that all products not meeting specified attributes are segregated and held for further review and disposition.
- Reviews inventory of lab materials and reagents at close of shift to ensure subsequent shifts have adequate supplies.
- Participates and contribute to the Quality Management System Programs including Food Safety.
- Participates and assist supervisors and managers in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensures hygiene and cleanliness and safety standards are implemented and adhered to by performing cleaning tasks during, at the end of shifts, and at shutdowns.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervision or management, that may be required to ensure the continued success of the company.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-intensive discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferably in Production or Manufacturing environment; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting is highly preferred.
- Food or Beverage industry experience is a plus.
What you'll love about working here:
- We're a paperless office, so you get your own iPhone and iPad.
- You'll work on a top of the line computer.
- We promote coaching, teaching and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
- Bently Enterprises offers a compensation package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, gym membership, 401(k) and competitive salary.
To learn more about the Bently family of companies, please visit the Bently Enterprises website.