The Minden Flour Milling Company building, a National Registered Historic Place, will be converted into a craft distillery named Bently Heritage. The new distillery will be one of the first operating in the state of Nevada since Assembly Bill 153 was passed earlier this year, allowing local distilleries to operate. This puts Bently Heritage in notable company with fellow Silver State artisans as well as landing Minden at the forefront of a burgeoning new industry. Bently Heritage will live up to its name by reintroducing the best traditions of the Old West, while embracing New West values such as sustainability and premium quality.
The Assistant Distiller is responsible for assisting in the development the Bently Heritage collection by creating and developing various craft spirits, planning, executing distillation operations, overseeing production, managing inventory, and compliance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Run the day-to-day production. Keep the production schedule on line with the orders and distribution schedules.
- Maintain all equipment owned and/ or operated by the company.
- Clean and rinse equipment used for the production of spirits.
- Assist in all aspects of production, including milling grain, mashing, fermenting, and distilling spirits, as well as bottling, labeling and packaging spirits.
- Conduct lab analysis; cataloging of samples; track compliance data for all distilled spirits produced on site.
- Filling, weighing, gauging and placement of barrels, as well as labeling barrelheads with serial numbers and other identifying information.
- Order supplies, material, and equipment relevant to operations of production and within budget.
- Take, record, monitor and control all inventory per TTB laws and regulations.
- Provide a production inventory by the 10th of each month to be used for submission of monthly tax reports to the TTB.
Education and/or Experience:
- Required to be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in chemistry or a related field
- 1-3 years professional brewing experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical background a plus
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and be able to follow directions.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to meet company’s insurance requirements
What you'll love about working here:
- You'll be a key player in one of the first distilleries in the State of Nevada.
- We're a paperless office, so you get your own iPhone and iPad.
- You'll work on a top of the line computer.
- We promote coaching, teaching and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
- Bently Enterprises offers a compensation package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, gym membership, 401(k) and competitive salary.
To learn more about the Bently family of companies, please visit the Bently Enterprises website.